Workshop with Michael Devitt
Professor Devitt is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at The Graduate Center of The City University of New York. homepage
Location: Convocation room (Room 218, 2nd floor), Main Building, HKU
Date: Thursday 3 May 2012
- 0930-1020 Darrell Rowbottom (Lingnan) "On unconceived alternatives in the philosophy of science"
- 1030-1120 Siu Fan Lee (Baptist) "On causal theories of names"
- 1130-1220 Max Deutsch (HKU) "On experimental semantics"
- 1400-1520 Michael Johnson (HKU) "Rigid Application"
- 1540-1740 Michael Devitt (City Univeristy of New York) "Should Proper Names Still Seem So Problematic?"
- Drinks and dinner (Please email Dan Marshall if you want to attend the dinner)