Cognitive science of religion
- Justin L. Barrett (2007) Cognitive Science of Religion; What is it and Why is it? Religion Compass 1
- How do we define "religion"?
- What are the arguments for and against a religion X?
A naturalistic approach
- Is religion a cultural universal? Why are they so pervasive?
- What are the causes of religious beliefs?
- What explains the diversity of religious beliefs?
- Are there cognitive differences between believers and non-believers?
- Which are the cognitive / brain processes that underlie religious experiences?