Some Information for visitors
Restaurant website for HK: http://www.openrice.com/english
- High tea: Peninsula Hotel (Tsimshatsu, Kowlooni) cucumber sandwiches and scones in colonial style grand hall
- Bar of the Felix restaurant in the Peninsula hotel: Great harbor view. Men's toilet is worth a visit.
- Sheraton Hotel wine bar: Nice harbor view. Not as high up as Felix.
- Chungking mansion - home of the backpackers, south asian hole in the wall eateries
Things to do
- Take the peak tram up to the peak. There is a flat footpath that winds around the peak. Takes about two hours. Good view of Hong Kong (if the weather is nice).
- Walk up to the peak from Robert Black college at HKU
- Aviary in Admiralty
- Wet market: Graham street in central
- Beaches: Repulse bay
- Take the star ferry across the harbor - daytime or evening when the lights are on
- Bird market / flower market in Mongkok.
- Hiking during autumn
- Bird-watching in the New Territories.
- Cultural museum in Shatin, Art museum in Tsimshatsui, tea museum in Admiralty
- Stanley market (clothings, cheap ski clothes, chinese linen, restaurants)
- Jade street for jade souvenirs (Yaumatei MTR station)
- Temple street night market (jordan MTR station)
- Causeway Bay: Times square, Sogo, and lots of other shops, e.g. GOD for local designs
- Mongkok: young people hangout, lots of small shops
- Expensive: IFC in central, Pacific Place in Admiralty
- Hollywood road for antiques (fake and real)
- Computer stuff: Computer mall on top of Wanchai MTR station
- Counterfeit goods and other cheap stuff from Shenzhen across the border.
- Seafood in Lamma island
- Big buddha on Lantau island
- Disneyland for kids
- Day trip / overnight stay in Macau