There are two basic thinking skills - critical and creative thinking. They are both crucial for solving problems and discovering new knowledge. Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally. Creativity is a matter of coming up with new and useful possibilities. For a more detailed explanation of critical thinking, and resources related to the study and teaching of critical thinking, please visit the links below.
- [R01] Three basic principles
- [R02] The creativity cycle
- [R03] Creative heuristics
- [R04] Group creativity
- [R05] The dark side of creativity?
- [R06] Videos about creativity
- [R07] Quotes on creativity
- Twyla Tharp - The Creative Habit
- George Pólya - How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method
- James Webb Young - A Technique for Producing Ideas